Need to know
Great opportunity to join the Region in a successful Flagship store.
What's life like for a General Manager - Flagship
You inspire, lead and support your team to deliver a great customer experience and grow sales. You lead the healthcare agenda and operate a world-class flagship store.
It's about the customer
You’re a role model for the ‘customer-led’ attitude. The customer is everything to you, and you create a culture that’s passionate about doing the right thing for them. You’ll spend time with customers, responding quickly to their changing needs – this insight will shape your thinking, and you’ll make sure right people are always in place to give a great customer experience.
It's about leading and developing people
You’ll develop a store team with the attitude and capability to provide outstanding customer experiences, coaching and developing team members to ensure people have the ability to deliver operational standards and the store activity plan, and put pipeline plans in place to ensure talent is developed.
It's also about .....
You’ll plan resources to meet the changing needs of the business, co-ordinating them across the store team to deliver the company’s operating plan. Whilst providing clarity and focussing on what’s important you’ll network with colleagues in other flagship stores, and gather useful intelligence about competitor activity and take actions to respond.
You’ll lead your team to beat sales, items and services targets, and identify and exploit opportunities to grow sales. You’ll deliver the P&L for the store, and lead the team to maximise stock availability, control costs and minimise losses, while complying with legal, professional and ethical requirements.
You’ll be an ambassador for Boots in key local forums, and develop relationships across the regional support structure. You’ll develop relationships with the centre that will ensure delivery of great business results.
You’ll lead and engage your team to make sure your store looks and feels great, with customer-led layouts. You’ll lead property interventions within your store, co-ordinating resources to support the work, and you’ll also be aware of the longer term company property goals in your area.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.