Estate Projects Co-ordinator/Graduate Surveyor
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With 2,900 stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK, Boots Retail Ireland, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare are part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
What’s it like to work in Group Properties
The Estates team are a highly regarded and professional team of 45 within the wider Property function of 130 colleagues. We are a proud and dedicated team that has a clear strategy with an advisory role to the business across all the UK and Republic of Ireland portfolio of trading stores and the non retail portfolio, which includes the Support Office and a manufacturing and warehouse distribution site in Beeston, Nottingham – one of the UK’s first 24 Enterprise Zones.
The team operates as a valued consultant to the business working particularly closely with Finance, Legal, Procurement, and Retail & Pharmacy Operation teams. We advise across a large, mature portfolio with significant opportunities to add and return value year-on-year. There’s always a commercial opportunity to consider and it’s the mix of pharmacy operations, location, premium beauty brands, retail operations, store configuration and operational costs to balance and ultimately deliver best value - that makes being a member of the Estates team an exciting opportunity to be part of.
About the role
You’ll need high levels of motivation and be a self-starter, with tenacity and the desire to develop your capabilities through experience. You will deliver great results by:
• Being a great team player working closely with Project Managers and external consultants to prioritise and secure consents that enable Boots to deliver store investments and alterations across the portfolio
• Having confidence in consulting with legal advisors and liaising with landlord agents and their consultants to negotiate best value fees and licence terms in order to secure consents where necessary
• Having the autonomy of prioritising and co-ordinating the workflow from our Project Managers, ensuring works have the relevant consents in place for contractors to start on site and on time
• Ensuring Boots are not over committing more than necessary in terms of fees payable or documentation submitted.
• Being responsible for reviewing business needs and ensuring that we have car parking licences in place for our pharmacy van fleet across the country and overseeing a third party car park contractor that manages surplus car parking spaces on our behalf.
You will have responsibility for:
• Being the single point of contact in the business co-ordinating various work streams across the Boots estate, including but not limited to store upgrades, beauty hall installations, dispensary improvements etc
• Supplier management of the pharmacy fleet parking and car park portfolios
• Leading negotiations, with legal support where necessary, against third parties to secure the best commercial terms
• Evaluating parking transactions, preparing and presenting simple approval papers where relevant
• Contributing to the preparation of the annual property budget and monitoring progress against it.
What we’re looking for
The best candidate will have the following experience and capabilities:
• The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team of professionals to deliver business objectives.
• A strong communicator that operates as a central point for the team
• Great attention for detail and the ability to hold people to account.
• Strong, clear reporting skills (through Microsoft Excel) and the ability to prioritise.
• A practical knowledge or experience in reading and understanding basic lease provisions would be an advantage.
• Self motivated and results driven to prioritise and meet deadlines with a high level of integrity and trust
If you are a Graduate Surveyor interested in this role, we can offer a breadth of experience to support your APC.
What’s in it for you?
As well as the challenge and responsibility of an integral role in the Estates team, you’ll find opportunities for development and progression. The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and in addition to this we also offer extensive benefits:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Flexible working although main place of employment will be Nottingham
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Cover of relevant professional fees
• Support with self development
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Not quite right for you?
Alternatively, if you like what you have read about Boots and the Estates team and are interested in being part of the Estates Team with the UK’s leading Pharmacy led Health & Beauty retailer then please contact us for an informal conversation. Retailing and the current commercial property market is evolving faster than ever and we are looking for strong candidates to bring fresh ideas. With such a diverse and busy estate there is always an opportunity and we would love to hear from you.
Estate Projects Co-ordinator/Graduate Surveyor