Commercial Manager – Digital Pharmacy
Welcome to the Boots.com team - an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice, services and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
We are creating a new team within boots.com to make the most of our customers and patients desire to access prescriptions and pharmacy services online. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs, making it easy, convenient and safe for them to fulfil their pharmacy needs online and driving growth in our digital pharmacy business.
The Commercial Manager will be the champion of Pharmacy within boots.com and will play a key role creating and developing a team to optimise the customer experience and associated online levers to deliver our Digital Pharmacy objectives. They will be responsible for digital pharmacy performance and customer experience.
• End to end management of Digital Pharmacy P&L, responsible for monitoring and driving KPIs to deliver overall digital pharmacy performance
• Building and developing ways of working for a matrixed team of pharmacy & digital experts – then leading the new digital pharmacy team including people management (direct and dotted line)
• Reviewing and improving the digital pharmacy approach and customer experience, making recommendations to pharmacy leadership team, contributing to development of future roadmap and supporting/informing delivery of new initiatives, as well as optimising day to day activities e.g. customer journeys, SEO, content, marketing, and other online levers
• Engaging, managing and influencing multiple internal stakeholders across varying functions including working with marketing to develop an effective CRM programme
• Responsible for operating within legal and safe framework and exercising appropriate judgement on when to seek advice
A bit about you
• Significant experience of working in a customer facing online/digital environment with a track record of driving performance improvements
• Good understanding required of online levers and performance drivers– confident in using data & insight to drive performance, and in building and delivering plans
• Pharmacy knowledge/experience would be a major advantage (or other regulated industry)
• Excellent stakeholder management – confident engaging, influencing and holding to account team, peers and senior stakeholders
• People management and development experience preferable and experience of working cross-functionally in a matrix environment would be helpful
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires some working outside normal offices hours. This may involve early starts (e.g. from 5am), occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major technical releases. In general you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us…
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting digital journey we’re on.
Play a leading role in driving our digital pharmacy growth by building a new team with new ways of working which is customer focused and champions digital best practice. Life in the boots.com team is fast paced, every day is different and brings new opportunities to optimise what we do. We work with great people across the business and externally to execute our digital strategy and meet our customers’ and patients’ needs.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Commercial Manager – Digital Pharmacy