Senior Data Engineer - Digital
Digital data is one of the most important assets in our business. Many of our user experiences start and end in the digital products we own. Understanding our customers better through their end to end journey is critical to delivering the best customer experience, and value for customers and Boots.
About the opportunity
The Data and Artificial Intelligence Team is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Our team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses.
We’re looking for a talented Digital/Web focused Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers. We’re seeking people who are innovative problem solvers, are comfortable working both independently and within a team, willing to take on a high level of ownership and who relish a big challenge. Data Engineering is a broad discipline; in this instance we are seeking candidates with a track record in digital analytics and web tagging in one or more of the following tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or CoreMetrics.
As Senior Data Engineer with a focus on Digital you will be:
• Acting as lead consultant to support the delivery of data requirements
• Developing the data layer brief and working with developers to finalise deliverables
• Working with our tagging development partners to ensure the data we capture is of the highest possible analytical value
• Supporting and scrutinising our testing processes. Reviewing and auditing the data we collect and developing plans to resolve any issues
• Prototyping and shaping the data for consumption by other analytics teams, or consulting on the usage of data
• Supporting our cloud modernisation program as we migrate to Azure
Successful candidates bring some or all the following skills:
• Strong working knowledge of one or more web analytics tools (Coremetrics/Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics).
• A good knowledge of Tag Management Solutions, and of the role of a data layer in delivering tagging for data collection
• Awareness and understanding of various cloud technologies, e.g. Google Cloud Platform/BigQuery, or Microsoft Azure, and associated supporting toolkit
• Familiarity with agile ways of working such as Scrum/Kanban
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Helen.Doherty@boots.co.uk
Senior Data Engineer - Digital