Product Sustainability Assistant
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
About the opportunity
This is a 12-month, fixed term role within the Quality, Sustainability, Safety, Regulatory and Claims (QSSRC) team. A key focus of the role will be to update our Product Sustainability Hub with attributes for No7 products and packaging, as well as supporting the certification and ongoing maintenance of CFI Leaping Bunny Certification data.
The Product Sustainability Hub is the system where sustainability data is collected at product level from WBA suppliers. It is a critical system that underpins compliance to WBA’s Global Product Sustainability Minimum Requirements and enables statutory and voluntary reporting.
The role will offer exposure to sustainability by understanding WBA’s sustainability policies, how they are being implemented and sustainability reporting regulations, as well as diving into product development lifecycle, supply chains and master data management.
The ideal candidate will have great analytical skills and attention to detail, the ability to quickly grasp how new IT systems work and to understand data flows and connections between systems. They will also be great at problem solving to deliver the required outcomes and confident to identify solutions on their own.
The role will work closely with Product Delivery and other teams across the No7 Beauty Company business, as well as with suppliers. The role is full time and flexible in terms of location.
- Develop and document ways of working to source relevant data for the Product Sustainability Hub (sustainability data collection system) and raw materials declarations to maintain adherence to Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny requirements
- Input (and update annually) required product and packaging sustainability attributes within the Product Sustainability Hub
- Make direct contact with suppliers to obtain product and packaging sustainability attributes not held within the business
- Maintain up to date raw materials declarations in accordance with CFI Leaping Bunny requirements for all internally developed products and escalate any animal testing issues to Product Delivery teams
- Ensure all unique products have been captured in the Product Sustainability Hub based on sales data and update regularly
- Maintain Product Sustainability Hub Master Data to ensure accuracy and completeness across all
- Monitor ways of working, performance dashboards and reporting metrics and highlight problem areas (e.g. data collection gaps) and drive improvements
- Manage housekeeping of existing data, including cleansing activities and archiving as appropriate
- Excellent command of MS Excel and comfortable with working with large data sets; experience with MS Power BI is a plus
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills to engage with suppliers/other teams to obtain required data sets
- Self-starter and with good problem solving abilities
- Desirable: Understanding of cosmetic/personal care/healthcare product lifecycle
- Desirable: understanding of product lifecycle IT systems (PLMs)
- Desirable: experience in working with suppliers and/or in product delivery teams
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org