SAP Basis Manager
An experienced SAP professional and leader to oversee the SAP Basis Team for WBA across our European businesses and to provide Basis leadership globally. This technical leadership role is based out of the Boots Nottingham office.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the SAP Global Service Operations Lead, you’ll be joining the team of in-house SAP professionals in the Business Services Platform team to lead our SAP Basis Team. As the BASIS Lead will own the SAP technical environments and lead the creation of the necessary technical designs which are required to enable successful project delivery and run excellent service. You will be looked to as the “technical expert” to understand, evaluate and articulate recommendations for technical solutions that provide the best outcome for the business.
The responsibilities include:
• Overseeing critical basis incidents and driving service and operational improvements across the breadth of our SAP estate.
• Introducing new SAP technical services including preparing the service teams for our SAP S/4 Roadmap
• Ensuring the SAP estate is well maintained, overseeing upgrades, patching, housekeeping, batch optimisation, archiving and other ongoing maintenance activity.
• Leading, developing and motivating the internal SAP Basis team
• Planning and allocating internal and external resources to meet both project and service demands
• Overseeing daily operational activities and working with TCS, our Run Operations partner, to optimise SAP operations
• Understanding the underlying technologies and applications in order to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements
• Staying abreast of industry leading best practices and bringing them to the attention of the leadership team
• Performing as the SAP Basis subject matter advisor and serving as the SAP technical delivery point of escalation
• A SAP Basis professional, with demonstrable experience of managing complex landscapes
• Able to lead other SAP professionals and supporting technology teams to drive resolutions and our improvement agenda
• Solid technical coupled with a broad functional and business process understanding
• Experience in implementing and maintaining both SAP HANA and oracle databases.
• Would have ideally migrated and operated SAP in Azure.
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
SAP Basis Manager