Nottingham Support Office
Full Time - Permanent
As a Formulation Technologist at the No7 Beauty Company, you will responsible for the delivery of formulation activities to support the Brand 3-year plans. You will partner with a diverse team of internal stakeholders and collaborate with 3rd parties to ensure that the plan delivers against the consumer, category and brand requirements.
You will work in a team of technical experts to deliver the new formulation solutions for a specific Category/Brand within agreed time, cost and QSR standards.
About the opportunity
- You will use your scientific and technical formulation expertise in the relevant category area to develop formulations from concept to manufacturing scale-up, delivering right first time, on time
- Use scientific knowledge to optimise specification, challenge thinking and ensure the most robust product design is in place
- You will work with a cross functional team to define the project activity plan, and will be responsible for ensuring that the formulation work plan is delivered
- Accountable for quality and accuracy of data, and for the delivery of all technical documentation
- Conduct all necessary due diligence checks and is accountable for identifying and effectively managing formulation technical risks
- You will have a scientific degree or relevant qualification, ideally within Chemistry or Formulation Science
- You will have formulation experience, ideally within the Skincare category
- Experience of developing sun care formulations would be highly desirable
- You will have an excellent knowledge of raw materials, formulation technologies and technical IP requirements
- You will have a good understanding of the value chain and manufacturing processes
- You will have excellent project management skills and work collaboratively with a cross functional team
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com