Global Claims Specialist
Nottingham Support Office
Temporary – 12 months. Covering Maternity Leave. Starts January 2022.
Full time : 37.5 hrs/wk : Monday – Friday
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast growing beauty business – No7 Beauty Company - helping it to develop beauty and personal care products that provide consumers with benefits they can truly believe in. This is through the creation of compelling and credible claims, where you’ll blend your science and technical knowledge and experience with an understanding of the market and consumer needs, together with ensuring compliance to market regulations.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on some of the most well-known global brands, headed by No7.
Reporting into the Head of Global Claims, you will be working directly with Technical formulation and science teams and with Marketing and Brand teams to develop claims, and then maximise the use of the proof for these claims on pack and in all marketing channels from social media to TV. You will:
• Provide day-to-day claims support / guidance, being the first contact point for guidance on claims support routes
• Compil new standards and guidance notes and advocate their use
• Ensure claims are supported with traceable evidence
• Manage any assessed risks
• Review claims and evidence for new markets or new marketing activity.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a higher qualification (BSc or equivalent) in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, cosmetic science or adjacent field of study
• have 3+ years experience in a CPG or brands development environment.
• Have great listening and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Be self-motivated, a good problem-solver, pragmatic and creative
• Have a proactive, can do attitude to be resolution driven.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Claims Specialist