L6 Category Business Readiness SME (18 month FTC/Secondment opportunity)
Our Customer and Category function is going through significant change and evolution as part of the overall Boots Support Office Modernisation transformation program. Landing major ways of working, people and systems business readiness and change activities will be key to the success of this work. This role specifically supports business readiness activities for two exciting systems implementations; how we manage promotions and deals, and how we integrate supplier vendor portal activities. These are the biggest major systems investments for fifteen years.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Category Transformation Manager, the role will be accountable for influencing, scoping and delivering business engagement and readiness solutions on behalf of and in partnership with the Category teams.
- Providing direction, challenge and pragmatic input on how major systems changes can best be landed and utilised.
- Assist the Category Transformation Manager as a key liaison and conduit with Category team members, Finance and Transformation leads to ensure a solution is scoped and delivered which balances business and people impacts.
- Ensure key meetings, actions and follow up steps are followed up on and progress captured
- Represent the voice and view of team members who interact with this process in the Category function on a day to day basis.
- A chance to help shape and influence improvements in major programs of work which will have a fundamental impact on category performance.
- Ideally current working knowledge of the end to end category commercial processes and how deals are set, sales plans put in and funding tracked and claimed.
- A ‘right first time’ and continuous improvement mindset to be able to balance business and people needs and deliver a solution which improves business performance.
- Curious and driven to find a pragmatic solution which balances business need with category workloads and accountabilities.
- Help the Category Transformation Manager partner, challenge and ‘join the dots’ across supporting and key teams specifically Finance and Management Information to deliver a robust business solution.
- A ‘starter/finisher’ with a keen eye for process flow and improvement in the context of business transformation and better serving our customers.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com