About the opportunity
As a Store Manager in one of our Centres of Expertise, your job will be to lead, inspire and build the capability of the store team, to deliver a centre of expertise for customer experience, team development, business performance and profitability. As a Store Manager - Centre of Expertise you will help shape the company future thinking and be the very best of Boots Opticians
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring my store deliver results through a culture of exceptional care for colleagues and customers, putting the customers at the heart of my decision making.
- Plan, review and proactively manage clinics to match customer demand and drive profitable clinics
- Leading the local destination for Enhanced Services and OCT for my customers and through this I deliver the associated P&L targets.
- Accountability for the loss agenda in all of my store and take full accountability for the safety of all customers, patients and colleagues, delivering consistent audit compliance across my store.
- Developing great talent and encouraging diversity across your teams. You will create a culture of learning, attracting, retaining & developing the best people through a robust succession plan.
- Knowing your external competitor market, and network internally and externally, working closely with Boots Hearingcare, Boots UK and local NHS teams, supporting the interests of colleague, customers and the business.
To be successful in this role some of the key capabilities you will require are:
- An accountable leader with the ability to build, lead, manage a team to be a Centre of Excellence and develop talent
- Inspirational and motivational leader who creates belief, with a talent for getting the best from their team.
- Manage a budget and control costs.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to turn data and information into plans and actions at pace.
- Agile leader able to deliver against multiple objectives, through strong planning, time management and at pace.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present to group.
- Strong commercial leader with a detailed understanding of the market, how best to maximise return from store activity, with a sound understanding of operational processes in stores.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.