Professional Standards & Quality Manager (PSQM)
(Geography Central England & East of England &surrounding areas/regions)
Overview of the role
You’ll represent the Chief Pharmacist’s Office (CPO) at a regional level to support the delivery of a patient-centred agenda. You’ll provide support and challenge across a locality on a flow to work principle on clinical governance issues to the Head of Stores, Regional Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy Support Manager and other relevant regional field team colleagues. You’ll support the line to lead for patient-centred care and respond to critical incidents to determine any learnings for individuals involved and the wider organisation. You will have a pivotal role in providing insights to the central CPO team to shape the organisational patient safety agenda.
• You’ll be working closely with your Area Managers, Head of Stores, Regional Pharmacy Manager and Pharmacy Support Managers along with other partners to support our store leaders and their teams to ensure they deliver to The CPO’s patient safety agenda
• You’ll spend most of your time in stores, coaching, developing, challenging and leading for Patient Safety and patient-centred care
• You will be accountable for coaching, developing and challenging all relevant regional team colleagues on their professional leadership to deliver exceptional patient-centred care
• You will also be responsible for ensuring that all relevant regional colleagues clearly understand their professional and/or other accountabilities for patient-centred care when delivering pharmacy services
• You will be accountable for leading the follow up of any critical patient safety incident, working in partnership with the Pharmacy Support Manager and Area Manager
• You will be responsible for the local relationship with external regulators (e.g. GPhC, PSNI) in the event that contact is made/ required in relation to a clinical governance issue or critical patient safety incident
• You will be accountable for holding the tension with the Healthcare Partnerships Manager on locally commissioned patient services to ensure that clinical governance and patient safety issues are duly considered in a timely manner
• You will be responsible for holding the relevant role-holders to account regarding the adequacy of pharmacy training and pharmacy funding
• You will continue to practise as responsible pharmacist working in-store one day per week
• You will flow to the work supporting your national PSQM team colleagues and central CPO colleagues
• Your geography will include Central England & East of England and surrounding areas/regions
A bit about you…
• You will need to have a great understanding of Pharmacy and the local healthcare environment, so for this role, you will need to be a Pharmacist for at least 5 years
• For this role, being a RPS member is required
• Building great relationships with others is critical as you will need to impact and influence many stakeholders, so we will be looking for strong evidence of this
• An ability to work under pressure with short deadlines on occasion is desirable
• You should also be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) able to demonstrate a real passion for patient-centred care, and exemplary Professional Standards.
• Some leadership experience and field role experience would be desirable too, but not essential.
A bit about us…
The Chief Pharmacist’s Office team lead to ensure we make a positive difference to our patients and customers every single time they interact with our pharmacists and pharmacy teams.
Working as part of the Professional Standards & Quality field team you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced national team which works in an agile matrix method with our D90 stakeholders to ensure our pharmacists and pharmacy teams are enabled to meet the ever changing needs of our patients and customers. The PSQM team lead for world class pharmacy governance whilst partnering the Head of Store to lead the Area Managers to be the owners of exceptional professional standards in our stores, creating environments where patients receive the best care possible when interacting with our stores teams or Boots virtually.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2100 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact email@example.com
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office:
Professional Standards & Quality Manager (PSQM)