The role is a Fixed Term maternity Cover and part time role 22.5 hours over 3 days, covering Wednesday-Friday.
The Republic of Ireland (ROI) team is responsible for the delivery of the commercial plan in our stores across Ireland, making the UK plan locally relevant by focusing on implementing key drivers and developing local initiatives where necessary to meet local needs. Based in Boot’s Nottingham headquarters, D90, this opportunity will give you the chance to be part of a fast paced team with exposure to many cross-functional stakeholders across Boots both in the UK and Ireland whilst delivering a wide breadth of projects and strong growth across all categories.
About the opportunity
As Category Assistant within the ROI Baby team your role will be essential to the delivery of key initiatives across the Baby category. From managing the sales plan process, to supporting range management through owning new line set-ups; you’ll be support the team with your understanding and response to the local market, producing performance reporting across the Baby category. Whilst Baby is the largest category for the team, you will also have the opportunity to work on Photo and Nutrition categories, adding breadth to the role. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the effective delivery of promotions in store by setting up campaign offers across Baby. Working closely with the UK category and pricing teams to ensure set ups are right first time.
- Processing new product set ups in a timely fashion to ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Running sales reports and supporting in analysis for the team, helping prepare for Monday morning weekly reporting and monthly business reviews.
- Processing retail price and cost price changes through the system, whilst also helping the assistant buying manager to review competitor pricing activity.
- Reviewing store communications and show material across Baby to ensure they are tailored to the Irish market.
- Managing department planning and sales plan trackers, working closely with the UK category teams to ensure we have a clear plan for Ireland.
- Contacting suppliers to claim funding, progress new line set ups and order samples where required
- Taking time to understand the Irish market and our Boots Ireland stores
- Opportunity to manage specific projects across Baby with support from the team.
If you thrive from working at pace and enjoy the excitement of thinking differently to deliver the best business results, this could be a role for you.
Being a Category Assistant demands a high level of organisational skills, attention to detail and great cross-functional working skills, especially as the wider team is split between the UK and Ireland. So if you pride yourself in being able to build working relationships too, we’d like to speak with you. You will need to be able to:
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively, communicating effectively face to face, over the phone and via email;
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, prioritising your workload and meeting tight deadlines;
- Bring a positive, ‘right first time’ mentality, with a keen eye for detail;
- Show confidence and the ability to use initiative to create and/or seek out solutions;
- Be willing to learn, comfortable to be challenged and seek feedback;
- Have basic numeracy skills;
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and SAP programs (desirable).
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com