Product Owner (Assistant Digital Product Manager)
Working as a member of the Digital Product Management Team, you will play a key role in the delivery of Boots’ Digital Transformation agenda. Putting the customer at the heart of all we do and with a focus on value delivery, you will be shaping and delivering the digital product vision, roadmap and subsequent development across our digital channels, including Boots.com and the Boots App.
• Support the development of Product Roadmaps and Backlogs, using external and internal insights, ideation, prototyping and customer feedback & testing.
• Contribute to the development of business cases in support of roadmap activities
• Ensuring customer, business and technology needs are understood during backlog refinement and feature elaboration
• Work collaboratively with colleagues including User Experience and IT to refine priority features and elaborate product requirements, including acceptance criteria and user stories
• Represent the Product Management Team within scrum teams and at development ceremonies, including PI Planning, Sprint Demos and daily stand ups
• Promote the best customer and business experiences (based on insights) across your areas of ownership, identifying and enhancing key customer journeys and business processes
• Monitor and report on product performance, using multiple analytical tools
• Maintain alignment between product development, technology advances and business objectives, working in partnership with key stakeholders and scrum team members to ensure successful product releases
A bit about you:
• You are a digital advocate with an interest in current trends in digital development and omni-channel retail
• Data driven and customer focussed, you are a passionate communicator who can sell a vision
• You demonstrate great attention to detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture
• Proactive, independent and self-starting, you are adept at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• You are able to understand technical aspects of product development, working closely with IT colleagues
• A team player, who can stay both energised and focussed within projects
• Familiar with digital development approaches and agile delivery principles, ideally in a scaled agile (SAFe) environment
• Structured and organised, you are able to manage and prioritise a product backlog
• Analytically minded, you will be able to interpret data to identify future requirements. You will be competent (or keen to become competent) with reporting systems such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
A bit about the team:
Boots has an exciting ambition to Transform our Digital and Omni-channel experience. The Digital Product Management team is at the heart of that ambition; focussed on delivering great experiences for our customers and growth for our business. We are a digital-first team with a broad remit, working on high priority and high-profile initiatives within the organisation. We are fortunate to have great visibility and support from across Boots and as a team, are committed to ongoing personal development to become the best Product Management function we can be.
This is a highly cross functional role, working with a wide variety of business areas to create great digital and omnichannel experiences. The right candidate will have the autonomy to generate, propose and to test new ideas as well as future opportunities to develop and progress within a dynamic and inclusive organisation.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Product Owner (Assistant Digital Product Manager)