Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Mobility Programs, this role provides international tax and global mobility support to the business in managing team members who have cross border compliance risks including income tax and social security risks across Company. This role encompasses a variety of work including aspects of tax planning, compliance, advisory and assignment support across multiple different team members, businesses and countries.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Global Mobility Programs with oversight of general tax matters relating to the international assignee and frequent traveller population by partnering with the countries/businesses and providing associated day-to-day income tax, social security and compliance support.
- Understand the Company’s tax control framework and identifies areas of potential weakness or opportunities for improvement through business partnering. Acts as the day-to-day “eyes and ears” of Global Mobility in this regard.
- Partnering with other members of the Global Mobility and broader HR teams, ensure joined up and consistent approach to management of risk in connection with international assignment and frequent traveller population up to and including Senior Executives.
- Partnering with relevant businesses, actively manage review of Senior Executive international assignees and frequent travellers to assess risk outside their home country, covering tax, social security and immigration.
- Work with the International Assignments Manager, external advisors and Employment taxes team to respond to HMRC or other tax authority queries or tax audits.
- Partner with external vendors to ensure timely and quality delivery of service. Particular focus on expatriate tax advisors and managing compliance risks across tax and social security and associated immigration with a particular focus on payrolls and shadow payrolls outside the UK. Support ensuring team member tax returns are prepare accurately, in line with agreed positions and in a timely manner.
- Ongoing development and refinement of standard processes and associated documents to ensure consistent and standardized delivery of services, with reduction of manual intervention required
- Ensure benefits provided to the assignees are administered and tracked correctly and that all items are correctly captured for tax social security in both home and host countries. Manage complex aspects of expatriate payrolls.
- Support Senior Manager, Global Mobility Programs in identifying and managing compliance implications for international assignee population who receive share based incentives, working with key stakeholders in the US and UK.
- Ensure hypothetical tax calculations are accurate and update relevant templates as required.
- Maintains tax technical awareness in relevant territories and ensures that significant changes to tax regimes and/or compliance requirements are flagged to the Company to act upon if required.
- You are a qualified tax advisor with experience in a tax department of a multi-national company or in one of the top 4 accounting firms.
- You have a good understanding of tax and social security implications of people moving between a variety of different countries, and associated requirements of managing compliance.
- You are a recognised specialist within HR, Global Mobility department and the business, in matters of tax, social security, compliance, expat payroll etc.
- You have some experience of expatriate payroll, tax equalization etc and applying key concepts in a practical environment
- You can demonstrate practical experience of working with third-party professional advisers in multiple countries. Coordination of global mobility tax provider and ensure timely delivery of service to required levels in a cost effective way.
- You have an awareness of internal HR processes and other systems, including payroll.
- You can communicate tax issues clearly and concisely (in both written and verbal forms) to a variety of people and stakeholders with differing levels of tax awareness.
- You are familiar with transfer pricing issues and permanent establishment risk in connection with travelling people.
- You have a working knowledge of immigration issues and their interaction with tax/social security compliance is an advantage
What can we offer in return?
We have a great benefits package you’d expect from a business of our size – this includes:
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday per annum
This role can be based in either our Weybridge or Nottingham offices. We offer our Support Office team members a hybrid approach to work which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
Who we are
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is an integrated pharmacy, healthcare and retail leader serving millions of customers and patients every day, with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities.
A trusted, global innovator in retail pharmacy with approximately 13,000 locations across the U.S., Europe and Latin America, WBA plays a critical role in the healthcare ecosystem. The company is reimagining local healthcare and well-being for all as part of its purpose – to create more joyful lives through better health. Through dispensing medicines, improving access to a wide range of health services, providing high quality health and beauty products and offering anytime, anywhere convenience across its digital platforms, WBA is shaping the future of healthcare.
WBA has more than 315,000 team members and a presence in nine countries through its portfolio of consumer brands: Walgreens, Boots, Duane Reade, the No7 Beauty Company, Benavides in Mexico and Ahumada in Chile. Additionally, WBA has a portfolio of healthcare-focused investments located in several countries, including China and the U.S.
The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA has been recognized for its commitment to operating sustainably: it is an index component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and was named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2021.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our vision is to create a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do; powering greater teamwork and innovation and inspiring us to help people across the world lead happier, healthier lives. We are an equal opportunities employer on a mission to attract, develop and engage colleagues who reflect the diverse customers, patients and communities we serve, and to foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and excited to drive superior business performance.
What we’ll do with your data
We’ll hold your information for as long as the position you have applied to is open, and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information prior to this, please let us know.