Finance Analyst – Global IT
This role will be facing multicultural environments and will be dealing with various levels within the organisation. Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with goal-oriented focus
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Finance Manager – Global IT, this role is responsible for providing finance support to Global IT leaders.
This is primarily through a combination of the monthly performance review process, the twice-yearly forecasting and budgeting process – both financial and operational KPIs and being finance Business partner to IT service leads.
The role is critical to IT finance and presents exposure to senior leaders in the organisation and drive change and influence decision making through insightful analysis. It is multi-faceted finance role with opportunity to make significant impact on IT operations and support the transformation agenda.
• Finance Business Partner to number of IT Service areas both Global and regional.
• Provide financial support to the IT leadership team in significant investments
• Influence monthly management reviews with service leads to explain deviations from budgets and align on remedial action.
• Support the Finance Manager on Global strategic projects shaping the future of WBA support functions e.g. Finance and HR
• Support the review process of project spend vs. forecast to ensure projects remain on track to deliver defined benefits within budget
• Support the Budgeting & 3YP process for Shared Services by delivering accurate and timely analysis, presentations and service area leader alignment
• Support the IT Shared Services team with on-going development and build of a new cost recharge methodology and tool
• Support implementation of internal financial reporting system (Planning Analytics) and drive the changes required to achieve efficiency and effective of reporting both International and global IT teams
This is a great opportunity who thrives in fast paced environment and is confident in communicating to all levels of organisation.
• Part or newly qualified
• Excellent Excel skills and proficient in PowerPoint
• Previous experience in business partnering essential
• Ability to workday today in a challenging, fast-paced, goal-focussed organisation
• Ability to build strong relationships and network across the organisation
• Cognos and SAP experience preferred but we can teach you
• Confident challenging senior leaders and influencing decision making
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.email@example.com