As a Solution Architect for the Data & Analytics platform you will be responsible for leading the definition, design and delivery of products and solutions on the platform, ensuring all solution outlines and detailed designs meet agreed business requirements, align with platform strategy, are cost effective, deliverable and supportable.
About the opportunity
This role gathers solutions for the International divisions, coordinating with the Lead platform architect, divisional and global architects where appropriate, and coordinating with the Walgreens US Data and Analytics platform team to ensure global alignment and consistency to architecture patterns across WBA.
• Work with the International Data and Analytics Platform Architect to shape the platform roadmap and to develop the architectural patterns.
• Act as the technical design authority within a project to ensure that the detailed design, build and test align with the Solution Design to provide agreed quality assurance.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of design patterns, standards and design blocks and promote re-use of design elements, delivery at pace and cost efficiencies.
• Experience of the design and development of IT solutions
• Good stakeholder management, communication & presentation skills
• Experience of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence and the Data Engineering needs to fulfil Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions
• Experience of Data Engineering, RDBMS design and data warehouse “data” design patterns
• MS Azure Cloud Technologies experience and certifications
• Experience of Agile ways of working
• Exposure of working with matrix teams of multiple vendors and global teams in the design and delivery of projects
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org