Business Technology Manager - R&D and Product Delivery – 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Nottingham / Weybridge
About the opportunity
Business Technology Management is not traditional IT. It is crafting and influencing the business strategy, plans, and enabling this through the thinking and execution of a technology strategy and roadmap.
The role is a 12-month fixed term contract to backfill a maternity leave and will be responsible as the business technology manager for No.7 R&D and Product Delivery capabilities. You will act as a specialist of your area partnering the business functions in defining and shaping the technological roadmap in line with the IT and Business strategy, whilst also supporting the delivery and successful rollout of key transformational projects, including:
The first phase of our Product Management Transformation project to implement a new product lifecycle management (PLM) platform which enables our Product Delivery teams to efficiently manage our No7 Beauty Company products from concept through to development across all markets and regions. This is alongside transforming key business processes and delivering thorough change management activities.
Product Data Hub – our inflight project to deliver a material master data and consumer facing product information management platform. This project is due to go live in Q2 2022 with a phase two that is yet to be fully scoped and submitted for approval of funds.
• Confident self-starter working side by side with research & development, product delivery, quality/claims/regulatory teams and internal/external technology suppliers/teams to co-develop, drive and own a prioritised technology roadmap and backlog.
• Somebody with experience in business relationship management, change management, business case / benefits analysis and management, portfolio and project management, technology product ownership and has a strong balance of business acumen and technology knowledge.
• Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions.
• Demonstrate flexibility in approach to delivery, innovative thinking, strong ability to work in a matrix environment, and the ability to challenge & relate concepts or ideas to key cross-functional stakeholders, with experience in project management.
• Excellent senior/exec stakeholder management skills – must be very comfortable communicating and presenting to senior stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills essential, with proven ability explaining technical concepts in non-technical terms, excellent organizational skills, leadership skill, proven ability to work on own initiative.
• Experience of the following processes such as new product development/innovation, product claims and regulations, packaging/artwork, material master data and digital product data.
• Experience of working in a Consumer-Packaged Goods industry.
• Experience of working with cosmetic/skincare product R&D technologies, Stibo STEP, Bamboo Rose BR Connect and other cloud-enabled platforms is desirable, Microsoft suite.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions