Overview of the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to help develop and evolve the UK’s most loved retail loyalty scheme, the Boots Advantage Card. You’ll be part of our Development team, creating, testing and refining key changes to the Advantage Card, and delivering improvements to the cardholder experience.
About the opportunity:
Launched almost 25 years ago, Boots Advantage Card is one of the most successful and rewarding loyalty programmes in the UK.
Reporting into the Advantage Card 3.0 Product Owner, the Assistant Product Owner will lead cross-functional teams to ideate, design, test and implement changes.
Success in the role will require you to think differently, influence effectively and learn quickly. You'll develop your ability to deliver within a complex organisation and a broad range of channels and challenges.
• You’ll contribute to the development of our future customer loyalty propositions, working with external partners and cross functional stakeholders across marketing, trading, operations, IT
• You’ll scope potential opportunities, defining the customer proposition, key customer journeys, commercial opportunity, and route to implement
• You’ll manage the delivery of trials and rollout activity – co-ordinating with our marketing teams, and with IT agile development teams.
• You’ll monitor and evaluate results and performance against key KPIs across all projects
• You’ll manage development budgets and processes
• Self-starter, able to explore think differently and explore new ways to improve customer experiences and overcome challenges
• Excellent relationship builder and influencer with internal stakeholders and external agency partners
• Commercially and financially aware
• Fast learner with an appetite to develop new skills
• Ideally, you’ll have either a strong marketing background with experience of targeted and/or digital marketing, or experience in a related analytical or commercial role.
• Solid grounding in using data to make customer focussed and commercial decisions.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Overview of the role: