The importance of your role.
This is a critical role within Care Services that will provide a single point of contact for care home customers ensuring excellent customer care is provided at all times, whilst leading the operational running of the Care Services pharmacy. This role offers a wide degree of autonomy and the chance to develop for future leadership opportunities.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
Your priorities will be planning the Care Services workload to ensure that, operationally, you can deliver the very best service possible. You will also work in partnership with a local network of around 40 care homes as well as store teams and GP surgeries to enable delivery of outstanding care to enable retention of existing and growth of new customers.
You’ll be the first point of contact for any issues raised by care homes and you’ll need the ability to resolve these queries as they arise in a timely manner.
You’ll be required to lead and plan the day to day running of the Care Services pharmacy and you’ll spend time supporting dispensing duties including labelling, priming, preparing MARR sheets, ordering, dispensing, endorsing, checking prescriptions and collecting prescriptions.
You’ll also work with the Regional Business Manager to become an ambassador for Boots within the local community and assist in the sign-up of new business.
How will you do it?
You’ll be an excellent communicator; building relationships and networking is second nature to you.
You’ll be great at problem solving with a keen focus on getting it right for your customers.
Working to targets, your time management skills will be second to none as you’ll be skilled in planning and prioritising workloads.
What you’ll need to have.
You’ll need to be a Pharmacy Technician with a minimum of NVQ2 in Pharmaceutical Science (or equivalent) - NVQ3 preferred but not essential.
Ideally you’ll hold a full driving licence as you’ll be expected to visit the Care Homes you’re supporting.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.