IT is at the centre of what we do. This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally. You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system. We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing your skills, there’s no better place to do it. Do you want to join us?
About the role:
You will be part of Global Identity Engineering team responsible for various Access Management functions. This role includes providing design and solutions for Single Sign-On (SSO) across multi-platform/product environments. You will collaboratively support and improve complex implementations while continuously evaluating and making recommendations for improvements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Meet with Customers/Teams to identify requirements for IAM projects.
- Ensures adherence to established technology standards and consults with senior leadership on technology recommendations.
- Application onboarding using PING Federate, Azure and Customization using OGNL statements
- Support existing and new projects; and responsible for leading technical aspects of a project.
- Support to PingFederate solutions and simplified login federation SSO to application users
- Bug fixes & Minor enhancements for existing implementation
- Experienced in architecture/design, implementation and administration of IAM technologies
- Competency in supporting installation, configuration, SSO integration with PingFederate
- Experience with Multi Factor Authentication using PingID
- Experience with SAML, OAuth and Open ID Connection integration protocols
- Single Sign-on and Federation (Kerberos, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, WSFED etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of AD, Azure AD and LDAP servers
- Understanding of load balancing, clustering, high availability and disaster recovery
- Basic understanding of certificates, SSL handshakes, encryption
- General knowledge and understanding of UNIX, Linux, and Win operating systems
- Good understanding of network protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations
- Strong knowledge on Ping installation and configuration process
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work-life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions