Campaign Insight Analyst
The Personalisation & Customer Data Scientist is an expert in customer personalisation. Through strong knowledge of business aims, they act as a specialist internal consultant to develop and deliver for their assigned briefs and projects, building collaborative plans to deliver against goals to drive customer revenue and increase efficiency.
Successful candidates will bring strong technical and investigative abilities and a passion for delivering results for customers - internal and external. So, if you are passionate about working with data to solve business problems and excited by the idea of joining a trend-setting analytical team, we’d love to hear from you.
• Building an expertise in the use of our data and customer personalisation tools in order to develop and deliver innovative personalised customer communications through multiple channels
• Lead and drive and development of technical expertise for self as a point of expertise / internal consultancy
• Understand the impact of our personalised communication and digital activity working with our partners to constantly improve our results
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of the Boots customer and the ability to turn this into insights and customer communications
• Providing support to peers and seniors through peer review and knowledge development processes
• Liaising with IT and other internal and external partners as required in order to increase the value delivered through personalized and digital customer channels.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who combine a passion for understanding customers and patients, independent thinking with problem-solving skills, work well in a team and have a flexible and agile approach to work.
• Experience with analytical programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL) or other machine learning, statistical or mathematical software is required
• Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computational or Decision Sciences, or a related quantitative field is desired
• Strong communication and data presentation skills; the ability to build convincing recommendations and promote these to a non-technical audience
• Strong attention to detail, including a commitment to data protection and the ethical use of data
• Experienced in data science techniques (e.g. Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, Nearest Neighbour, Classification methods, Time Series analysis, Anomaly Detection, Dimensionality Reduction, Supervised and Unsupervised Learning techniques)
• Demonstrable record of delivering results in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Dealing well with ambiguity and an expertise in prioritisation of needs.
• Expertise in working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured, using a range of data mining techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarisation.
• Experience in understanding and interpreting business questions and using available data, quantitative modeling and statistical techniques to develop practical solutions.
• Knowledge of working with cloud platforms and tools, particularly Microsoft Azure
• Have a strong understanding of data protection, customer privacy and ethical use of data
A bit about the team:
The Data & AI Team, shortlisted for the ‘Best Analytics Team’ DataIQ Award 2019, is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Our team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses.Our ethos is simple, provide the scope, resource and autonomy for talented people to allow them to do what they do best - create amazing analysis, data products and services. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to join our growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers. People who are innovative problem solvers, are comfortable working both independently and within a team, willing to take on a high level of ownership and who relish a big challenge.Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact email@example.comPlease click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office:
Campaign Insight Analyst