eCommerce Trading Assistant – Boots.com
Welcome to the Boots.com team - an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The eCommerce trading assistant plays a key role in the eCommerce team, supporting the day to day trading of specific categories and how they show up on boots.com, to achieve aggressive growth targets. We currently have eCommerce Trading Assistant vacancies in our Lifestyle team.
• To have an understanding of the drivers within the category, the market and the immediate road map
• Drive revenue and customer growth supporting the total Boots.com revenue & profit and market share ambitions
• Supporting development initiatives, this may include acting as business champion for technical development initiatives, supporting activities for new launches and/or introducing new ranges to boots.com or trading proposals to Boots.com.
• Support the legal and safe trade of own categories online and delivery of KPIs
A bit about you…
• Digital experience working in an e-commerce role or able to demonstrate an active interest in e-commerce with trading experience
• Trading experience and financial acumen able to analyse, interpret and articulate financial performance
• Understanding and exposure to performance marketing and the trading levers
• Willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to gain a competitive advantage
• Stakeholder management – confident engaging with peers and third parties (e.g. product suppliers)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us…
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting digital journey we’re on.
Play a leading role in driving boots.com growth by maximising the performance of your department and launching new ranges and products. Life in the boots.com team is fast paced, every day is different and brings new opportunities to optimise what we do. We work with great people across the business and externally to execute our digital strategy and meet our customers’ needs.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact email@example.com
eCommerce Trading Assistant – Boots.com