Merchandising Assistant – boots.com
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Merchandising Assistant plays a key role in the ecommerce team, responsible for moving boots.com from a housekeeping team to a data-led optimisation team, to allow our customers to find what they are looking for as quickly as possible.
• Optimising our merchandising levers such as taxonomy, internal search, product recommendations, customer reviews and social proofing. Measuring how successful each activity is.
• Supporting the ecommerce trading team and customer planning team to ensure best in class launches for brand pages, events, NPD etc.
A bit about you…
• Experienced working online with merchandising levers
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Comfortable using data to drive insight and make decisions
• Able to react quickly to new ways of working and to identify improvements to process
• Knowledge of SEO and customer journey planning would be extremely helpful
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us…
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting digital journey we’re on.
Play a leading role in driving boots.com growth by optimising our on-site merchandising levers to ensure that our customers find exactly what they are looking for as quickly as possible. Life in the boots.com team is fast paced, every day is different and brings new opportunities to optimise what we do. We work with great people across the business and externally to execute our digital strategy and meet our customers’ needs.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Merchandising Assistant – boots.com