Overview of the role:
An exciting opportunity to inform and inspire Boots UK’s Pharmacy teams, leading and developing our dedicated digital communications channels and creating engaging pharmacy, health and wellness content.
About the opportunity:
Working in Boots communications team, the Pharmacy Unscripted Editor will be instrumental in creating and maintaining the highest standards of quality and accuracy of health, pharmacy and wellness news and content, which engages and inspires our Pharmacy teams across our digital channels and specifically our intranet Pharmacy Unscripted.
• You will work with key stakeholders collaborating across the business including the Chief Pharmacists Office, Learning and Development and our Pharmacy teams as well as external contacts through the Pharmacy Supplier Partnerships team
• Maintain the governance and high-quality of health, pharmacy and wellness content from concept to creation on Pharmacy Unscripted and related internal channels – including Pharmacy Now and Yammer
• Work hand in hand with Pharmacy L&D team and Pharmacy School to deliver best in class learning interventions
• Manage regular reporting, maintenance and analytics on the site to optimise performance and traffic and lead future development work on digital channels.
• Reporting into the Pharmacy Communications Manager you will work together to spot opportunities to showcase the stories of our Pharmacy business.
• A qualified and practicing pharmacist registered with the GPhC able to bring your professional skills to internal communications
• Skilled communicator; passionate about digital, with proven delivery of content creation, across digital channels including CMS and social channels
• A team player, willing to coach and develop others, with attention to detail, excellent organisation, creative communication flair and strong writing skills
• Able to work independently to tight deadlines, prioritising effectively and delivering on time, every time
• Forms strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Overview of the role: