Overview of the role:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on studio manager to run our exciting new Nottingham-based live broadcast facility. As Studio Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of technical delivery of events, working alongside an in-house studio team of three, together lifting creative thinking and output to the highest level.
About the opportunity:
As a talented production specialist working as part of a small studio team within the communications function, this is a great opportunity to be part of a brand new creative content production powerhouse, seeing projects and live events through from scoping to seamless technical delivery.
• Planning and delivering our full calendar of pre-recorded and live broadcast events, including art directing.
• Together with the videographer, creating a wide range of video content both in the studio and on location, for sharing across our channels.
• Operating a variety of studio equipment from cameras and lighting to live production and streaming software, co-ordinating with our IT teams and calling on additional external resource when required for more complex events.
• Liaising with multiple stakeholders across the business, providing studio content and production best practice advice, you will be responsible for all aspects of technical delivery within the studio.
• Keeping the studio and technical areas tidy, maintained and compliant, ready for use at all times.
• Significant studio production experience across live event planning and delivery, including lighting, camera operation, post-production video and audio editing, art direction and knowledge of virtual event platforms.
• Experience with a full range of studio equipment, particularly Sony PXW FX-9 cameras, LED video walls, audio mixers, Barco E2/S3 presentation switchers and vMix live production & streaming software.
• A fresh thinker, with an interest in the latest digital technology and trends within content production and storytelling, thriving in a creative environment and comfortable handling multiple projects and demands at pace.
• Taking charge of production, guiding presenters and subjects through the filming process, advising where necessary and putting them at ease, while at all times able to work calmly and effectively under pressure with no impact on the speed and quality of output.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Overview of the role: