Overview of the role:
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
About the opportunity:
Working in the Digital Operations team you’ll collaborate with various teams across the business including Category, Supply, Logistics, IT, Store Operations, Marketing, and the CSC. You’ll monitor, manage and coordinate the operational delivery of our online customer offer.
You be involved in everything from troubleshooting website issues, and managing online fraud risk, to analysing data to gain insight into how we can make the service better.
You’ll have a passion for getting it right for our customers, an eye for detail, and a pragmatic approach.
• Supporting the Acceptance and Implementation Manager by managing the customer facing, digital changes into the production environment.
• Liaising with teams cross functionally to understand the elements of each change
• Ensuring that progress is tracked, updated and shared across teams. Any impediments to progress are raised in a timely manner
• Managing defect resolution throughout the process, ensuring that all stakeholders are aware and correct decisions on resolution are taken
• Lead and support the Operations Assistants on a day-to-day basis, helping guide and shape their development with smart objectives through regular 1:1 meetings/reviews
• You will have an inquiring mind, be pragmatic, and hold a strong passion for the business.
• You will enjoy change and have the personal strength and confidence to ride the highs and lows of a dynamic business, as well as being comfortable engaging at all levels with tenacity to drive through to resolution.
• Be a self-starter, taking ownership of your own workload, demonstrating a clear understanding of what you are doing and why.
• Problem solving, attention to detail, a structured approach, and a desire to improve business processes will be some of your core skills.
• You will need strong numeracy skills, be comfortable with data and the ability to analyse it, understand what it is telling us and socialise the insights
• You will be flexible to cover working early mornings, evenings and weekends to meet the business needs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Overview of the role: