Regulatory Manager – Food Supplements
An exciting opportunity for a Food Supplements Regulator to join the Regulatory Team – Europe in WBA Global Sourcing. As Regulatory Manager –Food Supplements you will be joining a team of experienced and best in class Regulators to facilitate the delivery of Boots Owned Branded Vitamins to the UK and EU market. You will use regulatory expertise, intelligence and technical information to create brand defining scientific claims and differentiation within the future landscape of food supplements.
About the opportunity
Reporting into Head of Regulatory – Europe you will work closely with a cross functional team to deliver and maintain a compelling and differentiated Boots vitamin range. You will stay at the forefront of changing Food Regulation, influencing Trade Bodies and industry to drive Regulatory changes and to steer the Boots Vitamin regulatory strategy for NPD and compliance in line with business direction.
You will Manage regulatory and nutrition safety activities related to food supplement incidents and will provide expertise advice to the business on the applicable Regulations.
You will be the key point of contact for Authorities and Trade Bodies on all Food Supplement matters.
You will work closely with Marketing and Brand teams to provide expert insight on Regulation of trends as well as Marketing strategies.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt priorities to the business requirements effectively.
Your communication skills will allow you to communicate complex technical information to wide stakeholder groups, in an effective and engaging way.
- Demonstrated Food Supplement/Food Regulatory track record with UK and EU experience. Wider global experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working on NPD projects in complex borderline areas.
- Experience working in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Great communication skills; coupled with the ability to influence and develop positive stakeholder relationships.
- Proactive self-starter with a resolution driven attitude.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
Why Global Sourcing
Our sourcing team brings a broad and diverse range of products to life for our retailers, brands and most importantly, our customers.
Our global sourcing operation is the power behind WBA’s retailers and brands.
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com