Overview of the role
A key role, the social media and content senior marketing manager is responsible for overseeing the creation, management, development and publishing of our social media and content strategy and team. This role sits within marketing, reporting into the Director of Brand and Communications, working alongside the customer communications and PR teams to support our brand and customer communications strategy.
• Lead, develop, maintain & update the content publishing strategy, ensuring it supports our customer, commerical and communication strategies
• Coach and develop a high performing team and educate them in content publishing best practice.
• Plan, deliver and review social media campaigns, alongside other communications channels ensuring reach, customer acquisition, engagement and ROI.
• Lead our channel and content strategy, ensuring appropriate content is created, curated or removed and that all content is seo optimized.
• Excellence in stakeholders management, with the ability to lead cross functional teams and agencies.
• Retain expertise in social media eco system, delivering industry best practice in creative, community management and content
• Understand the market, customer and technology to grow customer loyalty of our core customer groups
• Develop analytics reports and collate data from social media listening to help shape our brand communications
• Oversee the strategy and management of infleuncers to ensure the maintenance of an active brand ambassador network
• Monitor and implement, as appropriate, trends in online community tools and applications
• Monitor the competition and market place and recommend appropriate strategies based on our brand objectives.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Advanced knowledge of social media and content publishing, ideally for a retail brand
• Customer led marketer that understands user experience and brand consistency
• Good knowledge of SEO
• Strong team leader with the ability to inspire, develop and raise capability
• Stakeholder management and influencing
• Planning and budget management
• Creative eye and ability to deliver clear customer communications for all channels as required
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
Overview of the role