Boots is the largest Pharmacy in the UK and has been at the heart of the nation’s health for over 170 years. But the role of pharmacy is changing. New technology and budgetary pressures in the NHS mean the model we have today is not fit for the future. We must change so that we can continue to do what we believe in – be there for our patients and our communities. This makes it a great time to be joining our Pharmacy business.
Our Finance team is completely immersed in Pharmacy and has a really important role to play. We bring clarity of thought, a strategic mindset and commercial acumen; we support decision making; we lead financial planning activities; and we drive financial performance.
We’re currently looking for an experienced finance professional with the ability to work across different areas of our pharmacy business focusing on what makes us profitable, by presenting considered, compelling and logical arguments based on robust analysis of data.
- Champion focus on end to end profitability – understand and summarise internal and external factors impacting on profitability
- Ad-hoc analysis to identify route cause of issues, or size risks/opportunities
- Improve weekly and monthly performance reporting to help deliver greater insight and drive performance.
- Drive performance of initiatives through robust performance reporting
- Support three-year plan, budget and forecasting
- A qualified level accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with applicable finance experience.
- Self-motivated, able to identify areas to target and ability to get things done.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience of financial modelling. Able to work with ambiguity. Brings commercial awareness, identifies practical solutions, able drive performance
- Confident and articulate communication style. Ability to build strong and effective relationships with all levels of finance and non-finance stakeholders. Has the gravitas and impact to influence senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account.
- Ability to pick things up quickly, identify issues and proactively drive actions through to conclusion. Ability to work within process/defined boundaries, but find creative and innovative solutions
- Good working knowledge of Excel essential, SAP experience would be an advantage
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!