Building Services Technician
40 hours per week
About the opportunity
To be accountable for providing a full Planned Preventative Maintenance, Breakdown and Repair function to all Logistics Warehousing facilities
• Working largely unsupervised, The Job Holder is directly accountable for ensuring all facilities achieve availability expectations.
• To use expertise, experience and professionalism to make strong well-informed decisions to prioritise tasks, always striving to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
• The job holder works within the Engineering team and works collaboratively with the Engineering Management and operations.
• Work will be within the guidelines and constraints of all company, legislative and safety criteria.
• Ensuring all Preventive Maintenance, Inspections & Verisae work orders are completed within deadlines, ensuring world class standards in the SSC
• Ability to promote innovation across all working areas.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar building services engineering field.
• Time served apprentice with a minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Services Technician