6-9 month contract
Overview of the role:
With one of the most diverse property portfolios of any retailer, our stores are located across the UK and Republic of Ireland. In regional shopping centres, high streets and edge of town parks, health centres, hospitals and pharmacies, we are right at the heart of the local community helping our customers to always look and feel good.
This full-time role will be based between our Nottingham Head Office and our Derby based Helpdesk as part of the fast-paced world of Property and Maintenance, where no two days are the same.
About the opportunity:
Working in the Store Maintenance Team as part of the overall Property Development function, you will be supporting the delivery of business critical reactive and planned maintenance services across the Boots UK, ROI and Boots Opticians property portfolio. Ensuring that our stores are trading safely and at maximum capacity.
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that our stores receive the best possible support on their maintenance and that issues are fully resolved
• Investigate and understand complex maintenance issues, that fall outside of normal process, identifying and communicating clear next steps to all parties and following through to resolution
• Support a clear information flow between all aspects of Store Maintenance to ensure Stores can access updates across the entire process
• Support the implementation and on-going provision of our new Maintenance system. Helping to drive efficiency and improved visibility
• Collate key performance data to provide action driven insights that support the management of our third-party supply chain
• A great communicator, with a positive approach to getting things done
• Previous experience working within Property or Estates, ideally within a Maintenance organisation/team with an understanding of how the reactive maintenance world operates.
• Experienced in working with cross functional teams
• Used to working with outsourced service providers
• Process driven with supporting IT skills
• An understanding of the Maintenance or Property environment would be an advantage
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
6-9 month contract