Based in the Nottingham support office
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape responsible chemical management in a market leading Global Company.
About the opportunity
As a Chemical Advisor your role is to ensure that The No7 Beauty Company are fully aware and prepared for any future challenge (legislation and/or other threats) against the chemicals we use in our cosmetic and OTC products.
You will use your knowledge of horizon scanning to identify chemicals of concern and to accurately assess the impact for No7BC. You will provide robust summaries and recommendations of the impact to No7BC to facilitate decisions regarding any resource required to remove/replace any chemical of concern.
You will maintain the WBA Chemical Action List that details the chemicals that No7BC, Boots and all of our exclusive brands, prohibit and restrict in cosmetic and household cleaning products.
You will work in conjunction with a wide group of cross functional and global stakeholders in the UK, Asia and US including Regulatory, Safety, Sustainability, Product Development, Claims, //and Research
• Responsible for undertaking horizon scanning activities to identify future chemical of concern to GB.
• Responsible for robust impact assessments and proposals for risk mitigation following the identification of chemicals of concern.
• In executing these responsibilities, you’ll be accountable for documenting and communicating decisions in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Build scientific expertise in chemistry and chemical risk management fields to drive continuous improvement of the products and protect the brands and business.
If you have a strong desire, self-motivation and the ability to develop in the field of Chemical Management we want to hear from you. Ideally, we’d like you to bring the following with you:
• A good knowledge of chemistry is essential, although a good knowledge of any scientific subject would be considered.
• Experience with either risk assessment and/or horizon scanning activities are desirable.
• Demonstrated communication skills; you must be able to summarise and articulate technical information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organisation.
• You will have excellent IT skills as you will need to be able to manipulate complex data.
• Experience within a project management environment would be very useful, but not a prerequisite for the role.
• You must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, along with the ability to operate efficiently under continuous change.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com