Head of Research and Innovation Partnerships
Location: UK. Flexible and based around business and partnership demands.
This role is a member of the Research and Innovation leadership team in the No7 Beauty Company and is responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of outstanding partnerships that complements the work of our own scientists to deliver innovation and builds a competitively advantaged capability network. Science is at the heart of our business and this role is key to enabling access to scientific innovation and expertise that can nurture growth. The role reports to the Global Research and Innovation Director and will be an influential member of a highly motivated and experienced leadership team. We are seeking a candidate with relevant skills and experience in managing technology led partnerships, the proven ability to work alongside scientists and technical experts and good commercial acumen.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Builds and leads a global technology scouting network to seek out strategically important technology opportunities.
• Creates a network of partners that provides reach across global markets, delivering a range of potential opportunities from those that we can activate quickly to long term opportunities.
• Leads a range of partnership approaches including industry / supply chain alliances, technology incubators / accelerators and university research partnerships.
• Responsible for leveraging science and technology foresight to create future business opportunities.
• Strong innovation expertise including relevant commercial acumen and consumer focus. Able to identify potential business opportunities from leveraging science and technology to meet consumer unmet needs. Ideally experienced in working with research and development teams to deliver commercially successful innovation.
• A science background or first degree in biosciences, chemistry or physical sciences is advantageous.
• Strategic thinker who can translate business aims into a partnership strategy.
• Relevant experience of working in an Open Innovation or similar environment where external partnership is key to business results.
• Excellent relationship builder who can be a credible representative of the No7 Beauty Company in external networks.
• Action orientated – works collaboratively and with pace to build new opportunities.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions