Our Customer & Category Managers work at pace, building excellent relationships both internally and externally, as well as across functions. You’ll be able to demonstrate great team management skills, and work with agility to deliver the best opportunities for Boots. You’ll be accountable for leading & executing the commercial strategy across your categories and executing the best possible delivery against this ambition.
As Customer & Category Manager, you’ll:
- Have a passion for the industry and the ability to lead and inspire a team through a tough trading market.
- Providing direction on annual plan and people management /development in supporting the team in achieving business objectives.
- Lead on the delivery of the sales and profit budget - using the four key levers of Price, Promotion, Range and Distribution to trade the existing product offer, deliver new products and promotions and marketing campaigns to increase market share, manage margin, supplier funding, own brand participation and maximise gross profit. You will also work extremely closely with the supply team to ensure seasonal buy levels are optimised for maximum sell through, managing markdown/sale stock as commercially efficiently as possible.
- To be Category experts on their business area and apply a customer led focus to develop in-depth customer behaviour understanding of that area – be aware of cross category connections that could assist or impact their business.
- Support team negotiations with suppliers to agree an annual plan and secure the best deals & outcomes for the business. Lead on the delivery of the supplier plans to sustain and develop business performance, conducting all external relationships with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the product area plans through analysis of market trends, customers, competitors and internal performance to feed into the category management process (CRP)/range review.
- Accountable for process compliance and accuracy of process across key commercial processes (e.g. Sales Plan, Merchandising, Funding and Marketing).
- Accountable for the delivery of the product area plan by building and maintaining relationships with other functions such as Supply, Merchandising, Boots brand team, Marketing and Operations, operating as a Leader in virtual teams with a “one team” mind set.
- Review category performance against KPIs and report as required. Make proposals on actions
- Flawless delivery of the plan with a strong focus on operational excellence across all KPIs whilst adapting where needed as things change
- Identify the role for Boots brands in the category, and work with Product/Brand teams to identify agile, profitable solutions where relevant
Our Ideal Candidate:
You’ll need to be commercially astute and have previous buying/trading experience. We’re looking for someone with a passion for buying and an ability to lead a team in a tough trading market. You need to be confident in your ideas, agile in your decision making and have the ability to inspire a cross-functional team to deliver lots and quickly.
About the team:
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting journey we’re on.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.