Based in the Nottingham Support Office you’ll be part of a small team but work with business partners across all product classifications and business functions. The role is based within the In-Market Vigilance (IMV) Team and is essential for monitoring and evaluating the benefit/risk of medicinal products and other product assets and ensuring the legal compliance of Global Brands products in-market.
About the opportunity
The IMV team sit within Quality & Safety Team Europe and are responsible for end to end management of post-market surveillance requirements across multiple product legal classifications. This role provides essential support to the In-Market Vigilance Manager & Deputy QPPV in ensuring the legal compliance of Global Brands products in-market. Responsibilities include:
• Prepare and maintain allocated parts of the Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF), SOPs and internal procedures
• Review and evaluate literature, Individual Case Safety Reports (ICSRs) and regulatory intelligence
• Author and manage schedule for signal detection reports and Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs)
• Liaise with Boots customers, store Pharmacists and healthcare professionals as part of the company’s end to end post-market surveillance requirements
• Support the QPPV and Deputy QPPV in delivery of technical training on product safety processes to the wider business
• Ideally, you will have previous work experience in pharmacovigilance and/or product safety in the pharmaceutical industry or alternatively be a science graduate with an interest in building a career in this area
• Excellent knowledge of IT systems and solutions and ideally will have experience working with drug safety systems and regulatory authority databases
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and be comfortable with daily interaction with Boots customers
• Demonstrate analytical thinking, great attention to detail and be able to clearly understand and communicate about Good Vigilance Practice (GvP), and Medical Device (MD) vigilance processes and procedures, both written and verbally and to a wide audience
• Be able to work at pace with a collaborative style and demonstrate great teamwork and partnering skills to build relationships with internal and external contacts and technical experts in various areas
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why WBA Global Sourcing
Our sourcing team brings a broad and diverse range of products to life for our retailers, brands and most importantly, our customers. Our global sourcing operation is the power behind WBA’s retailers and brands.
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com