Learning & Development Manager
Need to know
As a learning and development team we are energised about developing the talents of all of our team members, inclusively and with care. Our new L&D Manager role is varied and stimulating. You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about enabling the business plan with learning and development that strengthens leadership capability, inclusively develops the talents of team members and builds a positive culture.
About the opportunity
We do this by building, maintaining and improving development offers that are strategically focussed. We partner our Leaders, Support Office and Supply Chain teams to build capability that enables change and business transformation, and importantly keeps our customers and patients at the heart of what we do.
This role will enable you to:
- Channel your passion, expertise and skills into strengthening leadership and capability so that we drive better outcomes for patients, customers and team members.
- Build great partnerships with learners, leaders, subject matter experts, HR partners and other team members across the organisation so that learning is relevant and impactful.
- Diagnose learning needs and apply effective methodologies or approaches to uncover capability gaps and enable learning that has a demonstrable and positive impact on business outcomes.
- Work with external partners and maximise their insight and impact across the offers. Manage procurement, tender and selection processes.
- Truly live and embed our values of inclusion, care, trust, dedication, partnership and innovation, shaping learning offers for leaders and team members that are aligned and reinforce these important behaviours.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to:
- Use strong project and programme management skills to scope, design, implement and evaluate learning and development that is learner and business focused, on time and to budget.
- Apply subject matter expertise, along with internal and external insights to improve learner experience and learning impact at every stage of the process - from marketing, through to embedding and sustaining learning.
- Have experience of different leadership and talent development approaches and methodologies, and understand their impact on inclusion, i.e. coaching, 360 feedback, personality assessments.
- Collaborate as ‘One Team’ delivering a cohesive, connected learning offering. Look for opportunities to align and reinforce business objectives through the learning they develop and manage.
- Know how to reinforce values through your work and day-to-day interactions and be dedicated to building an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and excited about their work.
- Understand the business strategy and translate that into relevant and impactful learning objectives that are outcome focused and have an evidenced impact on the business, team members or customers and patients.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
Our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application, answer any initial questions and if successful, to arrange an interview.