We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Systems Development Manager to lead the Finance Development team in Boots UK.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the business, the role is responsible for leading a team which drives the maintenance and transformation of Finance systems and processes for Boots UK Ltd, along with the accompanying business change and readiness activity, and the governance of non-Finance changes that impact upon Financial Accounts.
The individual’s prime responsibility is to ensure that projects are fit for purpose and delivered to time, cost, quality, and scope, achieving the maximum business benefits. The role will coordinate and lead projects from design to successful implementation ensuring Financial processes and controls are understood and adhered to, and opportunities are exploited.
- Ownership of the design, testing, business readiness and implementation of a portfolio of change and maintenance projects which impact upon finance systems and processes, bringing efficiencies and greater controls.
- Loading and coaching the Finance Development and Business Project team members in the standard management processes and templates required to satisfy Agile and Waterfall project methodology – including business process mapping, user acceptance testing, internal controls, RAID assessments, project planning, financial reviews and benefits realisation.
- Collaborating with project stakeholders in the creation and monitoring of project plans, holding IT partners to account and developing recovery plans where needed.
- Managing relationships with senior stakeholders and project teams; ensuring high levels of engagement and partnering on change impacts and value assessments.
- Leading business project activity for the finance community and ensuring Project governance is followed and auditable.
- Working with the wider WBA business to drive opportunities for improvements in Financial Process for Record to Report.
A bit about you…
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or relevant experience of finance processes
- Significant experience of managing cross functional Agile/Waterfall project delivery, Prince 2 qualification an advantage
- Experience of SAP implementation and finance change is essential
- A strong communicator with the ability to engage and influence others at all levels of the organisation
- Proven experience in managing multiple deliverables to tight deadlines with experience of transitioning activities from project to finance community
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!