The Estates Department are looking for an Estates Manager to work within the team with primary focus on managing Business Rates for our estate. You will also be supporting stores to trade within the London division. The successful candidate will have a strong customer focus and a high level of drive and self-motivation to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
About the role:
With the drive, energy and tenacity you will be able to deliver great results, by:
• Being a great team player, building relationships with key internal customers and the external market to deliver business objectives
• Having a mindset of continual improvement in both tactical strategy and processes
• Assisting teams on business projects to deliver measurable results
• Managing the performance of external surveyors and lawyers to deliver on time and under budget
• In addition to managing the Business Rates, you will be dealing with a diverse workload, from day to day property management issues, lease obligations and dilapidations to undertaking rent reviews and lease renewals.
You will have responsibility for:
• Supplier management and managing a portfolio comprising retail stores.
• Financially appraising and evaluating property transactions, preparing and presenting approval papers.
• Negotiating the best commercial terms in the market on all aspects of property management and rental transactions
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual property budget and monitoring progress on delivery to it.
What we’re looking for:
You’ll have a degree in Real Estate Management and will be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, along with having the following experience:
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team of professionals to deliver business objectives.
• Commercially aware, being analytical and use financial knowledge to bring an innovative approach to property solutions
• Good communicator, able to build effective relationships within the business and the external market
• Self-motivated and results focussed to meet budget requirements with a high level of integrity and trust
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.