Digital Operations Assistant Manager
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
About the opportunity
Working in the Digital Operations team you’ll collaborate with various teams across the business including Category, Supply, Logistics, IT, Store Operations, Marketing, and the CSC. You be involved in everything from troubleshooting website issues, and managing online fraud risk, to analysing data to gain insight into how we can make the service better.
• You will be responsible for managing all day to day model day activities ensuring they are completed correctly to the timescales set. Identifying any areas of improvement. Managing and coordinating any potential fraudulent activity through online orders and returns investigations to protect the business from any financial loss.
• Provide senior management with insights and regular MI reporting on daily trading, sharing key activities, issues and through analysis. Looking at ways we can continuously improve our customer offer. Working cross functionally and with third parties to obtain information and resolve issues.
• You will be a key contact for escalations from a range of teams, identifying and fixing issues, resolving queries and providing advice.
• You’ll manage and lead a team of Operations Assistants, holding regular 121’s and supporting with their own personal development.
• You will be accountable for assigning and prioritising workload out to the team depending on the urgency/importance.
• Attend regular catch ups with the wider business teams to continue to improve ways of working, liaising and co-ordinating with key stakeholders and team leads on a regular basis.
• You’ll support business projects through to delivery, identifying and feeding in any operational requirements.
• You will be part of a flexible team which provides expertise and support various teams across the business.
• You will have an inquiring mind, be pragmatic, and hold a strong passion for Digital, with a customer first mentality and experience working in a digital environment.
• You will hold experience in leading and managing a team of people, coaching and supporting personal development.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify patterns and trends from data reporting, be comfortable to ask questions and challenge the numbers.
• Be a self-starter, taking ownership of your own work and your teams workload, demonstrating core leadership skills. You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be confident to lead and work with numerous teams across the business.
• You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, as well as technically savvy to use multiple different systems. Problem solving, attention to detail, taking a structured approach, with a desire to improve business processes will be some of your core skills.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Hybrid working
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Hannah.Atkin@boots.co.uk
Digital Operations Assistant Manager