Customer Insight Analyst – Own BrandsJob reference: 153096BR
Customer Insight Analyst – Own Brands
As part of Customer and Commercial Insights you will be part of a high performing team who are instrumental in supporting our great brands and categories grow their business through understanding customer behaviour.
About the opportunity
• Act as a key partner to our own brands, supporting them in developing their activity, shaping the future of our business by providing customer focussed insights and wider business and market context including competitor trends and performance
• Deliver end-to-end customer insight projects to key business issues and questions through bespoke analysis and research methods; scope and manage projects from responding to the brief, right through to impactful delivery of results and recommendations
• Own, produce and circulate relevant continuous reporting including brand tracking for the teams and make actionable recommendations based on these insights
• Clearly and concisely present insight and recommendations to stakeholders, acting as the voice of the customer; be confident in presenting the ‘What’ and developing the ‘So what’
• Have a proactive nature in striving to improve ways of working and creating efficiencies within the team, by simplifying ways of working and standardising processes
• Use a variety of market data sources and tools, and leverage our first party data to get an in-depth understanding of customer shopping behaviour and performance
• Support broader team on customer research projects, working with external organisations/agencies and utilising research tools
• Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks through managing competing priorities and workload
• Ability to compile and working with multiple data sources whilst being able to confidently interpret and deliver findings to a broad audience, championing the voice of the customer
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, ideally including questionnaire design and brand tracking is desirable
• Experience of interpreting complex sets of data and exposure to a range of analytical techniques and self-serve tools
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to manipulate and visualise data in a compelling way
• Exposure to external data platforms and insight solutions such as Kantar, IRi, NPD, Euromonitor, Similarweb, and Pulsar would be an advantage
• Excellent attention to detail with a “Right First Time” approach in order to deliver best in class outputs
• Experience of working within a retail/FMCG business environment would be advantageous
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org