Continual Improvement Data AnalystJob reference: 152662BR
Location: Nottingham Support Office
Function area: Pharmacy | Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Shift pattern: Full-time
Contract type: Fixed Term
Hours per week: Over 35 hours per week
Fixed term contract – 2 Roles available for 6 months and 12 months
As Pharmacy Operations Continual Improvement Data Analyst you will provide insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication. You will be reporting directly to the Pharmacy Future Operations Senior Manager within the Pharmacy Operations team and work collaboratively while engaging with the wider Pharmacy and IT functions and programs.
- Support the development of a continual improvement mindset, constantly and collaboratively seeking improvement opportunities in pharmacy operations
- Support the identification and tracking benefits of operational efficiency improvement(s) by creating and/or utilising multiple data sources using appropriate tools such as Excel and Power BI, ensuring that changes to processes are mapped, maintained and reflected through payroll allocation
- Work closely with stores to ensure continual improvement is being considered, seeking to understand challenges and supporting them in addressing the challenges appropriately
- Adopt project management principles when leading projects including business case set up and analysis of KPI deliverables
- Support the delivery of pharmacy operational projects by using knowledge and experience both operationally, continual improvement, change and project methodologies
A bit about you
- Can apply analytical techniques in in the context of continual and transformational improvement and present solutions using appropriate tools such as Excel and Power BI.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and understand how to share insights and influence key stakeholders utilising O365 tools such as PowerPoint
- Understand data sources, data organisation and storage.
- Understand conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and can develop knowledge of data cleansing and standardisation.
- Interpret requirements and present data in a clear and compelling way, using graphical representations and data visualisations.
- Approach a problem, applying logic and creativity.
- Proven IT and mathematical skills. You have proven IT and mathematical skills, demonstrated through relevant qualifications or work experience.
- An understanding of the Pharmacy (or similar) business front line activity and associated operational processes
- An understanding of Change and Project management processes. How to work with stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings.
- Knowledge and application of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Ability to conduct data quality assurance, validation and linkage
A bit about us…
The Pharmacy Future Operations team
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established team that continually improves the efficiency of Boots Pharmacy Operations supporting the goal to have an increasing impact on the health of the communities we serve.
The Future Pharmacy Operations team has two principle responsibilities:
- review all aspects of existing pharmacy operations removing inefficiency through a series of projects
- working with internal and external partners to ensure new processes are implemented efficiently and integrate with existing operations
You will be able to demonstrate your wide range of skills to a broad set of stakeholders that could lead to further career development opportunities. In return, we will build a personal development plan with you that helps you develop and further your career.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2100 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!