Team LeaderJob reference: 150224BR
Location: Store Service Centre, Nottingham
Function area: Warehousing
Shift pattern: Full-time
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: Over 35 hours per week
Purpose of role: Manage a team within a given area of the operation & be responsible for the running of that part of the operation.
- Lead & motivate a large team of warehouse operatives.
- Maximise individuals’ performance through coaching.
- Ensure our stores have the right stock, in the right place at the right time achieved through effective & accurate receiving, picking & despatching of stock.
- Ensure that team members meet performance standards for quality, productivity, performance & attendance.
- Ensure the team are kept engaged through effective communication & the delivery of team briefings.
- Collate data for your team on agreed KPIs.
- Ensure team members comply with all regulatory requirements, eg. Health & Safety, security, product safety.
- Ensure that workflow is consistent during break times.
- Maintain an effective handover from the off going shift & the preparation & delivery of pre-shift briefings.
- Create a positive ‘can do’ culture.
- Detailed experience / knowledge of warehouse processes / flows
- Experience of working with IT equipment, controlling use & repairs of IT equipment & resolving system related problems
- Experience of working with automated warehouse systems
- Good attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills & able to interpret data
- Able to resolve conflicts, maintain relationships & influence performance
- Able to confidently lead & motivate a large team
- A self starter who is calm under pressure
- Able to look & think ahead & doesn’t ignore problems
- Owns issues & doesn’t leave them for others to resolve
- Results & service driven
- An ambassador for the warehouse