Solution Architect - Channel Operations
A position for an experienced self-sufficient Solution Architect based at the Boots Nottingham Support Office with flexibility for hybrid working.
About the opportunity
The successful candidate would be aligned to the Boots IT Delivery Channel Operations team and be a member of a team of Solution Architects that cover a wide range of systems and applications. The role would report into the Channel Lead Architect based in Nottingham UK. The successful candidate would be expected to undertake the following day to day actions and key responsibilities.
• Able to work alone or as part of a team of other architects, taking the lead when requested or required. Driving all the aspects of the design process from initial scoping & high-level design to supporting the development teams and undertaking detail design review & approvals.
• Able to seek out information from other SME’s, Business Colleagues, & Vendors
• Deliver consistent high-quality design documentation, following the company standard templates and governance processes.
• Manage problems and issues, report of progress and escalate when required to stakeholders, project or programme boards and senior management.
• Be able to work outside their immediate comfort zone and take on design of new solutions and opportunities to build a broad ranging capability. Seeking knowledge as and when required from both internal and external training sources.
Ideally, we would like the candidate to have the following knowledge or experience in some of the following to meet the current pipeline of projects.
• Cloud Solutions, ideally Microsoft AZURE as that is the strategic hosting for WBA solution, but experience of other would be beneficial.
• Supply chain and Warehouse Management Systems,
• Product Information Management (PIM Solutions)
• Point of Sale, Boots is embarking on a transformation from classic Client server to a Cloud hosted solution.
• Service based architecture.
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions