Release Train Engineer
Our Engineering Capability Centre are looking for a dynamic Release Train Engineer to join the team operating as a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) organisation. Within this role you’ll orchestrate the delivery of multiple initiatives within one of our Platform domains. Working with a mixture of both dedicated and shared resources across technology and business, you’ll help coach teams within an Agile Release Train (ART) to deliver significant business outcomes in a dynamic environment that embraces new ways of working and continuous improvement.
As a Release Train Engineer you will drive the continued adoption and improvement of an agile framework focusing on improving predictability, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the teams. You’ll also maintain positive colleague and team engagement and experiences, by creating an environment that facilitates positive team health as well as guidance, to ensure outcomes are met.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the digital transformation at Boots, playing a central role in delivering digital change across Boots.com and the Boots Mobile App.
• Act as servant leader to the teams working on the Release Train. Provide hands on support and guidance for the development teams to facilitate ART processes and execution and optimise the flow of work through the ART.
• Facilitate team productivity by removing impediments through the management of risks and dependencies
• Work with Product and Development Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Plan capacity across the release train and ensure the right mix of cross functional teams are available to undertake work according to the demands of the product backlog
• Integrates Agile and Lean principles into team practices and work products.
• Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
• Assist in the tracking and execution of program features, user stories and defect fixes via the production and use of program and team level metrics and the related financial cost
We understand the individual education and experience profile for this role will vary, however hope the following provides as a guideline of expectations:
• Significant experience of working within an agile software delivery environment ideally in a leadership role as an RTE.
• Previous or current experience of working as a SCRUM Master and an understanding of the dynamic of acting as a servant leader.
• Experience of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and/or Scrum at Scale supported by a proven track record of successfully coaching, supporting and guiding large teams to help them grow and deliver value in the application of agile ways of working
• Strong understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
• Experience of collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of software development projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions