Release Train Engineer
Our Engineering Team are looking for a dynamic Release Train Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our Cloud Native Alliance Release Train.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will act as the servant leader for the teams operating within the Cloud Native Alliance. The RTE will drive the adoption of an agile mindset focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the teams.
The RTE will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's requirements and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes.
• Act as servant leader to the Squads and Teams working on the Release Train.
• Facilitate team productivity by removing impediments.
• Plan capacity across the release train and ensure the right mix of cross functional teams are available to undertake work according to the demands of the product backlog.
• Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products.
• Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the teams and their delivery.
• Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
• Manage dependencies and escalations within the release train and facilitate the setting of stakeholder expectations.
• Facilitates PI readiness and the tracking / reporting of release train activity.
• Work as part of the Boots Engineering Leadership Team.
• You will have significant experience of working within an agile software delivery environment ideally in a leadership role.
• You will have experience of working as a SCRUM Master and understand the dynamic of acting as a servant leader.
• A thorough understanding of Agile methodologies supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of agile ways of working.
• Strong understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
• Self-starter, highly proactive and assertive in a demanding and dynamic environment
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Release Train Engineer