It’s an incredibly exciting time to be a part of Boots Opticians. Whether it’s launching our national contact lens recycling scheme or helping children with myopia with our MiSight Lens, we are committed to helping our customers look and feel good by providing the best customer care possible.
With over 600 practices across the UK, a focus on innovation, brilliant career pathways and progression opportunities we believe there is no better time to become a part of our future.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
Our Contact Lens Opticians play a hugely important role in our practices across the country. You will have a natural passion for providing the best possible experience to our customers and making sure that care is always at the heart of what we do. Day to day you will:
- Work in partnership with your team but also use your own intuition to provide expertise and experience to deliver contact lens solutions for our customers and patients
- Complete contact lens fittings, and help to provide ongoing aftercare, taking care of your patients and managing your clinics effectively as well as occasionally dispensing spectacles.
- Use professional judgement for contact lens clinical decisions that need to be taken within the practice
- Use your specialist knowledge and work collaboratively with the Boots healthcare teams to offer our patients a one health solution
- Have a passion for your area of expertise and related products and services, using this expertise to help our customers when offering professional advice
- Provide support for the team with dispensing optical solutions to a wide range of customers including children and those with complex prescriptions
- Coaching and developing Optical Consultants in your practice with potential opportunity to supervise a Student Dispensing Optician and other Contact Lens Opticians
- Full GOC registration
- Have true passion for customer care and working collaboratively as a part of a wider team.
- A strong background in optical care and dispensing
- Possess a continuous improvement mind-set and seek ways to constantly better our customer offering
- A curiosity in new developments in contact lens services and products
We believe that our colleagues are at the centre of our success. As such we know the importance of being able to own your career development and be rewarded for the incredible work you do. Some of what you can expect includes:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 30 days holiday a year including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Ongoing professional development through internal CET events and training opportunities
- Flexible benefits to suit you including gym memberships, health and dental insurance, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
Please click on the following link to apply or if you would like a confidential chat or get in contact with us at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
br>Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions