Data / MI Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join the Boots Management Information (MI) Team as an MI Analyst to help us provide timely and accurate MI for all Boots UK businesses, driving fast decision making through reporting analytics to continually improve business performance.
This role will focus on designing and developing MI reports providing timely and accurate performance and operational measurement to Boots UK, helping to develop the understanding of MI in the business to ensure it is fit for purpose and is aligned with the relevant business objectives. We are looking for passionate and motivated individuals who want a career in data.
About the opportunity
• Produce accurate and timely MI according to process and take ownership of actions.
• Display the desire to learn about our sources of data and ensure that reporting and data are consistent and accurate wherever appropriate.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the role of MI in a large, multinational business
• Be an advocate of the data & analytics at all times, supporting the Senior Analysts to deliver the MI functions goals as required.
• Incorporates upfront testing as part of build & taps into the broader technical capability of the MI team.
• Be willing and capable of learning about new tools and systems to produce MI reports, such as SAP BW/Business Objects/Bex Analyser and or Azure/PowerBI.
• Confidence using MS Excel pivot tables and formulas to create reports
• Energy, drive, determination, enthusiasm, and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Be a good communicator with the ability to deal effectively and confidently with individuals outside our team and across functional boundaries.
• Have the ability to think laterally when coming across issues or working on new requests
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses, and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work-life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
Data / MI Analyst