Digital Solution ArchitectJob reference: 148650BR
About the opportunity
The role within Global Brands Architecture team:
• highly engaged with the business, with the aim to provide a level of partnership that helps guide and support the business to align on identifying key business outcomes.
• The lead will own the development of the end to end solution design of business services, in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines.
• hands on, collaborating with internal and external delivery partners to develop and own the end to end design, review detail designs from partners and test the conformance of the implementation to the business requirements, agreed design standards, design deliverables and delivery approach.
The role must have very strong communication skills to work in a matrix delivery organisation and elicit collaboration. This is a Level 5 role working largely on their own initiative and/or as a member of a project team, supported by Enterprise Architecture Governance. This role will have no line management duties.
Assessment of business ideas
• Support assessment of business ideas, project scoping, feasibility analysis (systems based or other), and presenting options fitting within either a strategic lens or a pragmatic/tactical lens.
• Apply current technology, tools and techniques according to established standard practices.
• Assist with the investigation and cataloguing of functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring they align to the Outline Design and agreed scope.
• Challenging, where relevant, to ensure the requirements align to a ‘value’ driven approach.
End to End Solution design
• Support the Enterprise Architecture in the development of the Outline Designs.
• Being accountable for being the hands-on lead throughout the project life cycle, ensures:
o Production of end to end Solution designs and documentation.
o All solution designs meet agreed business requirements, align with Strategy and Architecture, it is cost effective, deliverable and supportable.
o Supervise and review detailed designs produced by other resources, partners and third parties to ensure build and test deliver agreed levels of quality assurance.
o Technical leadership and assumes overall design accountability within a project to ensure.
• Experience in leading end to end Solution design / being the technical lead with multiple partners.
• A broad and balanced understanding of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
• In-depth experience of the design and development of IT solutions
• Passion for keeping up with IT trends
• Knowledge of processes in relevant business areas (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sourcing)
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org