Senior Campaign Insight Analyst
The Personalisation and Customer data science team have three core objectives; to understand the customer through great insight, to turn insight into personalised communications and to analyse the impact of our activity. We mix data science, data engineering and CRM skills to build innovative campaigns and solutions to personalise and improve the customer experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Senior CRM analyst, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing our personalisation capability in your ownership areas, influencing business decisions through your knowledge of the customer and increasing customer engagement through innovative analysis and insight.
Using Advantage Card data and other sources, you will have a strong insight led customer understanding developing innovative applications and solutions for personalised communications. You will be able to present your findings and interact effectively with senior stakeholders and be key in shaping strategies and objectives.
This role does not have direct reports but it is expected that you will act as a role model and work with team leaders to develop and guide our junior analysts.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this position you must have a strong desire to develop our CRM capability for your focus areas using customer insight to influence personalised customer activity. You must show creativity in both your analysis, grow this in the wider team and have a good instinct for the application of customer insight in direct customer communications. It is essential to be numerate, logical, organised, flexible and a problem solver. We value drive, determination, confidence, enthusiasm and someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
Skills and Experience
• Degree in a quantitative field or equivalent analytical experience
• Experience of Campaign automation and execution tools such as Adobe Campaign Classic or Unica
• Experience in targeting, optimisation or measurement of direct or digital marketing activity
• Proficiency in using SQL
• Strong communication and data presentation skills. Able to present complex ideas to less analytically minded stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrable record of delivering results in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Dealing well with ambiguity and an expertise in prioritisation of needs
• Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI
• Experience of customer analysis within the context of a loyalty scheme mechanic as well as knowledge of direct communications
• Expertise in data protection and governance
• Understanding of the principles and application of modelling techniques in a customer personalisation environment
A bit about the team:
Led by a DataIQ Top 100 ‘Data Titan’ and shortlisted for the ‘Best Analytics Team’ DataIQ Award 2019, the Data Science and Engineering team is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. The team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2,500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact
Senior Campaign Insight Analyst