Performance Testing Technologist
No7 Beauty Company conducts its own consumer product testing on real women.
As a Performance Testing Technologist, you will work with our panel of 80,000 UK consumers or with external partners across the globe, to design, organise and conduct your own studies that prove our Skincare & Cosmetic Brands deliver real results that our customers love.
About the opportunity
In this role you will work with other members of the Development & Delivery team, in particular those responsible for the product design, PR and advertising claims.
Reporting into the Controlled & Consumer Studies Manager, you will be part of a dedicated team, comprising of four other Performance Testing Technologists. Key responsibilities are:
- Creating study designs, writing questionnaires, performing testing in-house and processing the data to substantiate claims, identify trends and insights.
- Managing consumer studies with external global organisations
- Analysing data, writing reports and presenting clear conclusions and recommendations in an engaging way
- Building technical breadth and expertise in product testing
You will have experience of working with members of the public, strong written skills, experience of working with Excel and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders, presenting work in engaging visual formats.
You will ideally have:
- Experience in scientific study designs and basic statistics, with hands on experience of quantitative research and a strong background working across survey design, writing questions, running trials and the ability to analyse large sets.
- Experience of working with agencies managing briefs, timings & budgets.
- The ability to prioritise a varied workload appropriately, manage your own time and plan a schedule of work to given deadlines.
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to work systematically and independently is expected.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org