About the opportunity
This is a key role working closely with Area Managers, local leadership and the Resourcing Specialists to optimise clinic availability and resource across the region. This is a fast paced position which is crucial to supporting our stores to be able to provide the best possible clinical service to their customers and patients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Resourcing Specialist to determine forecasted clinics on a rolling 12 week basis
- Works closely with the Regional Manager, Store and Hub Store Managers to best deploy mobile teams
- Plans holiday cover across the stores to maximise colleague availability and helping to control costs
- Work with resourcing specialists to identify scheduling requirements that cannot be resourced through employed Optometrists
- Requests locum resource to fill gaps in Optometrist schedules and optimise clinic availability
- Partner resourcing specialists, building relationships and an understanding of local Optometrist deployment & scheduling requirements
- Manage requests for cover for on the day sickness
To be successful in this role some of the key capabilities you will require are:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written at all levels.
- Knowledge of Excel with a high level of PC literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills, including workload management.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to be flexible and to work / remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work at pace and meet deadlines, sometimes at short notice.
- Available to work shift patterns and weekends on a rota basis.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.